Sunday 1 September 2024

Here I go again

 So, it's been a little while since I posted on here. Some health issues, plus a lack of focus. Anyway, I'm back with another attempt at letting the world at large know what I'm up to. First up is a visit to London that my wife and I paid back in June. Weekend of Sat 14th June. Some of you will recognise that date as the Kings Birthday Parade. To take it back a little while, last November 2023 I attended a re-union of old comrades in Weston Super Mare.


Lovely place, Marlene (the wife) and I lived there for some 10 years. Anyway, during the obligatory raffle I, with the greatest stroke of luck won the top prize, two tickets to the Kings Birthday Parade, on the actual day no less.

So, a weekend in London, see the sights etc and generally enjoy ourselves. I've done the troop a few times, both on parade and street lining, however Marlene has never really seen it except on TV. A fantastic weekend and even the rain at the end of the parade couldn't dampen our spirits. We had great seats, just to the left of Admiralty Arch so we could see everyone coming on to Horse guards Parade, all the carriages and oh so lovely to see Catherine, Princess of Wales arrive. Marlene was ecited because not only did she have ringside seats but she had her own personal tour guide as I was able to eplain what was going on and all the drill movements.










All in all, a wonderful time, happy memories for me and new ones for Marlene.





No comments:

Post a Comment