Wednesday 11 September 2024

The Wooden Hill

 Don't you just hate it when the wife says, "I have an idea". This particular idea came about when we decided that the stairs and main bedroom needed decorating. Wife decided that she would prefer the bannister and newel posts etc, rubbed down to bare wood and stained.

I did get a quote for some-one to do the job, however £1000 plus materials and it was a no-brainer, do it myself.

So I've started.




Using a rather well know paint stripper I have managed to get most of the paint off the bannister and posts and with a rough sanding they are starting to loook good. I've had to remove the spindles in order to get to the inside of the posts and that was a job and a half. Only broke one though which doesn't really matter, because rather than strip them down we will buy new ones and just stain them.

Now they are out it's crack on with the rest of the sanding and rubbing down. Going to take a little while but we're in no rush.


I'll let you know when it's all finished.

4 comments:

  1. Nice job. It's all those little bits of paint in the crevasses that make it tiresome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, good job I'm not on piecework, I wouldn't get paid much. Going to do it mwell though.

      Delete
  2. I've noticed that other people's ideas often require more effort on my part than those ideas that I have for myself. I wish you luck with your endeavour.

    ReplyDelete