Thursday 5 September 2024

Garden Change

This week I have decided to have a change round of the garden in the front of the house. As we have off road parking most of the front is shingle. However there are a couple of area's that I have utilised so that we at least have something green there.


The photos shown here are of the garden as it is and has been for the last few years. A rather unruly bush, some marigolds, gladiolis that I tried planting directly into the shingle and a sort of miniature conifer patch. It was this that I really wanted to change as some of the conifers were getting rather woody and straggly.


 




The idea is to change out some of the conifers with grasses and alpine plants, leave the gladioli's in and also plant some fleabane daisies with them. The unruly bush needs some serious pruning and the pots need sorting. So far I have managed to change out the woody conifers but unfortunately rain has definitely stopped play.






It's starting to look pretty good, as soon as the rain stops and I can get the remainder of the plants in, I'll show some more photo's.

No comments:

Post a Comment