Friday 3 April 2020

All finished

That's it, all finished. Quite a nice job if I do say so myself. That's the instructors cane and pace stick all nicely varnished and put back together and now again safely residing in the umbrella stand for the next few years. Who knows, I might give them to a member of the armed forces, at least they will be put to good use.


The new tin of hammerite paint I ordered also came, (earlier than expected so I was also able to finish off the garden table and chairs. This will give them a new lease of life.


 

The next stage is to sand down and redo the wooden garden furniture. We bought this some good few years ago when we were living in Fareham so I suspect it's at least 15 years old. Mind you the wife reckons that we bought it before that when we lived in Weston Super Mare which would make it over 25 years old as we moved down here in 1995. We shall see. You get what you pay for my father always told me and this wasn't cheap. However it's stood the test of time and will look resplendent with it's new coat of preserving paint.
This is what it looks like at the moment. Unfortunately the weather has gone cloudy and damp so it will be a couple of days until I can get to it.


 This little bench was bought for our oldest grandson who is now 14 yrs old and a bit big to sit on it. However successive grandsons have all sat on it and we now have 7, The youngest is George but at only 4 months of age he's a bit young to sit on his own yet.


We shall see in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment