Tuesday 31 March 2020

Half Way there

So, following on from my last post, I have stripped down and sanded both items. The first one, the instructors cane is all finished and looks pretty good. The sad thing is it will now be packed away in the umbrella stand for the next however long.


The second item is well on the way to being finished. This was it stripped down.

The brasses are now all cleaned 

and I have applied a coat of light oak wood stain to the wood. They are now in the garage drying and then I can apply a couple of coats of varnish and re-assemble it all. Should all be done by the end of the week.

Mind you I must be a glutton for punishment as I have also decided to repaint the garden furniture. Problem is I got halfway through and ran out of paint. More on order and should arrive today or tomorrow. Have to get it offline as of course no shops open and I can't go out anyway.


This is all going to be painted dark green. Then I need to start on the wooden table and chairs. The job is never finished, lol. However I do enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment