Friday 11 March 2011

A Spring Day Out

The Sunday just gone the wife and I decided to take a little walk out to a local beauty spot quite close to where we live. This place is called Portchester Castle and is withing a 10 minute walk from the house. It's situated right on the coast and was at some time a Roman Fort, probably from around the 3rd century. However it's better known a  Medieval Castle from the late 11th century.











It was such a beautiful day, cold, but the sun shone and the birds and other animals were all out in force. Mind you an ulterior motive for the walk was to try out my new camera lens again and try to capture a few special shots. Not sure I really succeeded but I thought I would share them with you.









These were of a cheeky crow that decided he wasn't going to do anything that i wanted him to do, like fly or whatever. However eventually it did decide to take off and glide a few short yards. Success of some sort.







The castle grounds looked lovely in the sunlight and I managed to capture a couple of shots of some early daffodils.





All in all a nice walk and a couple of nice shots to add to my album. I hope you enjoy looking at these as much as I enjoyed the walk and the taking of them.

1 comment: