Monday 1 June 2020

Succesful Weight Loss

It has taken me 5 months, starting on January 6th this year to today's weigh in to get down tonear where I want to be and to be officially declared a "healthy weight".
Probably, like many others of a similiar age, as we have got older, the waist line may have thickened a little and the weight has crept on. Since Marlene and I both retired, the work load has gone down and the leisure time increased which meant that all those calories we used to burn off, stayed with us. So, in January this year we decided that we would go on a controlled eating regime. Not quite a diet as such, but more reducing portion size and cutting out a lot of the snacks.

We have always ate healthy, haven't used many processed foods for years as we tend to cook from scratch. We used a program called "My Fitness Pal" which allows us to see what calories we should consume and track them, plus sugars, carbs, sodium and salt etc through what we eat.

It's easy to use and it has worked very successfully. We still have our glass of wine on the weekend, we still enjoy the occasional bar of chocolate and we bake a cake and it lasts us the week for "elevenses.

A little bit of exercise, which normally means a 20/30 minute walk once or twice a day and voila, I have now lost 9.75kilograms of useless weight from my tummy and jowls. Plus I feel much better and can bend over and cut my toenails without struggling, lol.

We shall continue in the same way until I meet my target weight of 13 1/2 stone, so just over 5 pounds to go. Then of course will be the real test, can I keep it off. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment